Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day two - no mullet

No mullet! I’m not sure about you, but that’s extremely good news for me!
*****

Back to the ‘kin to mother nature’ thing…. Each stop I made; hair salon, market, gas station, besides hearing the usual “Y’all ain’t from around ‘ere are ya?” (Geez, like I have a sticker on my head ‘made in California’) there was the added talk of an impending tornado. Eyes looking skyward while whistling and shuffling my feet innocently, I was hoping people were not making the connection between the impending twister and my visit. I am starting to get a complex here.
*****

So, what to do while waiting for a possible twister? Soak in a friends pool of course. That would be a friend with a basement; friends with benefits takes on a whole new meaning round these parts. Pools and basements rank way up there in the benefit department. Just FYI, teeth are pretty low on that list.
*****

No tornado…yet. But a thunder storm that shook the house hard to enough to remind me of the Loma Prieta earthquake. Thank goodness for good old Kentucky construction.
*****

As an added note: after talking with a few folks in town it quickly became evident that nicknames were quite prevalent in these here parts. Not unlike truck drivers, many people have call signs such as: slim, hee haw, bumblebee, macy, mo, and boner.
*****

I will leave you with that.

Happy reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment