Thursday, October 6, 2011

Feedback on new book from a Vietnam Vet

I finished the book this morning. I couldn't put it down. I feel so bad for Micki and all her family and James family. Those weren't the best of days for anyone, whether you were there or back home and had been there. I think the public would have "tolerated" the war a little better if it wasn't in your home every day on TV. It brought the death and destruction into your house, you couldn't avoid it. It's just like the present, when the fighting in Afghanistan is intense and you know there are service men dying and your natural instinct is to want it to stop, for the death and injuries to stop, why can't we stay out of it. I know some of the reasons, but it's still hard.


I really, really, loved the book, it helps.

al

No comments:

Post a Comment