Thursday, March 25, 2010

Education, an ongoing event

In an attempt to educate my children of the importance of attaining a degree at each and every step of your education, I went back to my old college and attempted to petition for a degree based on my education from, gulp, 1986. Imagine my surprise when I find out that I am not qualified to receive the degree for which I am applying. Why? You ask. Well, evidently I did not have the all important computer class that is now required. Now I ask you...who the heck owned a computer in 1986?!?!? And I'm not talking a comodore here folks. In 1986 computers took up whole buildings! I don't know about you, but I didn't have a whole bulding to spare back then, my diet consisted of ramen and water and I considered my self lucky to have a roof over my head let alone a whole room. So here I am, children in tow, having to sign up for a computer class. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something...like research before I lecture my children, yeah that would be a good lesson to learn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment